MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #89 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
I never said I approved of how Boetch beat Lombard. But it worked.

He showed how to beat Lombard, he showed the holes in Lombard's game, and that really isn't how Boetch normally fights.

But it's exactly how Bisping fights. And Bisping would smoke Lombard by using that same strategy only 100 times more effectively.

I don't approve of point fighting, but it's here to stay. And Lombard, who would have been a lot of fun to watch in the UFC 7 years ago, is a relic of a time gone by and will never amount to anything in the UFC unless he's spoonfed guys who aren't savvy enough to avoid and outpoint him.

And by the same token, people who think Condit truly beat Diaz, can't now turn around and say Boetch's win doesn't count. It was the exact same thing.

I'll never be happy about what Condit did to Diaz. I think it was cowardly, but the real reason it bothered me so much, is because I was a HUGE Condit fan too and wanted to see the war these two promised us. Nick showed up intent on delivering that war, Condit shit the bed.
Whose disputing Boetsch's victory?

You said he put on a clinic, that was not a clinic, winning a split decision is not a clinic, I'm also not sold on Bisping a guy whose notorious for getting rocked in fights could beat him either, it's the same reason I don't believe he'd beat Vitor, he always gets rocked once and Lombard and Vitor seem like the type of guy who would capitalize on a stunned Bisping.

THE PERFECT RECORD

THE PERFECT FIGHTER
LL is online now   Reply With Quote