MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ross Pearson vs. George Sotiropoulos Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #76 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter

Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
George does have solid boxing and was in fact outboxing Pearson who is the overall better striker for a decent amount of the exchanges. He just has a terrible chin and a slow plodding style. Pearon's defense looks like it is falling off to me there was a point in time when I thought he had some of the best punch slipping/duck unders in the ufc in the pocket. It would probably be best for George to hang them up after this he was getting dropped by basically everything that landed his chin is worse than Chuck's was when he retired.
I agree that Pearson's defense is getting worse. Or I should say that he's neglecting it. I feel like its a mental thing, where he's choosing to neglect his head movement rather than him now lacking the capacity.

George's boxing is okay. His jab is pretty solid and that's where he scored on Ross. Excluding those instances I believe that Pearson not only outstruck Soti, but also out boxed him.

Support my FB athlete page!

Watch my 5th pro fight here

Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline   Reply With Quote