MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 12-17-2012, 01:57 AM   #2145 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Played about 10 hours of Far Cry 3 total now.

It's definitely not "Skyrim with guns", the "side quests" remind me of MMO style quests, go kill X thing, drive car through x amount of portals to collect prize, collect XYZ plants, unless I am missing some serious side quests (could be) then these are all throw away things and I have yet to find anything interesting except the main story/hunting/crafting.

The open world aspect is cool, I like the hunting/skinning/crafting system the most so far out of everything. Taking bases and finding radio towers is kinda interesting and gives me something to do, but these things feel very "gamey", I hate to use the word but there's 0 "immersion", it's like a ton of mini-games outside of the main quest so far.

I'm enjoying the game, pretty good, but definitely not anywhere near Skyrim's level of open world/quests/attractions/depth, to be honest I found more depth/things to do in Skyrim's newest expansion than the 10 hours I have into FC3. Which is fine, I mean the game is pretty good for what it is, but I heard it was compared to Skyrim so many times from different places that I am kinda disappointed as it's nothing like it.

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"
"You do not know the first note of the music that moves me."
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote