Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Noooo Bisping.

7K views 70 replies 34 participants last post by  Sportsman 2.0 
#1 ·
I've just read that if Bisping gets past Belfort next month then he will be the number one contender. Ime from the Uk and this is not a fight I want to see, I wouldn't even rate Bisping top 5 in the middleweight devision, why is he getting all this exposure as the number one contender?. I'd rather see, wiedman, beltcher, Lombard, rockhold, even Belfort again than this fight. Silva would toy with Bisping, and I can't see him offering anything.

#42 ·
Why Bisping?

I also hate the idea of Bisping getting a title shot. Firstly, he has absolutely no chance against Silva. The champ would walk right through him. Who cares to see a fight like that? Secondly, who decided that Bisping is the #1 contender and why? There are several fighters who I believe are far better and more deserving. I don't get what the bigwigs see in Bisping that make them feel he deserves a shot.

#45 ·
I also hate the idea of Bisping getting a title shot. Firstly, he has absolutely no chance against Silva. The champ would walk right through him. Who cares to see a fight like that? Secondly, who decided that Bisping is the #1 contender and why? There are several fighters who I believe are far better and more deserving. I don't get what the bigwigs see in Bisping that make them feel he deserves a shot.
And there is the fact - you believe there are several fighters you believe more deserving than Bisping for a title shot.

Care to say who and why are more deserving than Mike, and why?

Bisping has done everything for the UFC that he has been asked, TUF coach twice... has never convincingly been beat (other than hendo), he is a massive draw.

Name me one person in the MW division that has earned their shot more... and give me the reasons.

#58 ·
It seems Bisping does not need to do much for a title shot for some people, even less than Belfort. How is Bisping top of the pile? Even with a win over Belfort.

People when talking about Jones-Sonnen have been seen to say Sonnen talked himself into a title shot with Silva, he beat Dan Miller, Yushin Okami, Nate Marquardt, Brian Stann and Bisping himself to get his title shots. Bisping should have to do more than he has.

Funny he is fighting Belfort though, the king of undeserved title shots all he had to do was beat Franklin 195lbs and he gets his title shot even staying number 1 contender for over a year.

#59 ·
After losing to Maia, Sonnen beat Miller, Okami and Marquardt to get his first title shot.

For his second shot he beat Stan and a won a debatable decision over Bisping.

Since losing to Silva, Bisping has beat Miller, Akiyam, Riveria, Miller. Then a debatable lose to Sonnen followed by beating Stan.

IF he beats Belfort then of course he deserves his shot, If Bisping wins then he would have done as much as Sonnen has, except he only will have had ONE title shot.

#66 ·
I'm not whining about it mate. I'm not mocking anybodies faith either.

I just find it funny that fighters (this includes boxing ect) thank god for giving them the strength to kick 10 different shades of shit from their opponent.

I'm sure God's up there thinking to him/herself 'Don't bring me into it, you're not even supposed to be fighting, don't you read the damn bible?'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.