MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Mike Swick Determined to Bounce Back from Knockout Loss

View Single Post

Old 12-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK11 View Post

I always liked Swick and love his attitude even after a pretty devastating KO loss, and getting beat pretty soundly in the first round as well. Hopefully Sideways feels a little better after reading this.

Source
I dont know man... he said exactly what i expected him to say. TBH even though normally i hate to hear excuses and il be the first guy to bash someone when they say "Im injured but no excuses" i was crossing my fingers that Swick had some kind of injury. I guess thats just the fan in me. Hopefully he will bounce back and get the success back he had when he started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Go back to MW or retire. Swick isn't the same fighter and likely never will be.
I wonder if that is even a possibility. He has his condition under control but that doesnt mean it isnt there. If he eats however he wants he will go right back to where he was. And the way he currently eats it would be extremely hard to put weight back on.

But yeah i think Mike Swick is much better at middle weight too. One of the things he lacks at WW is power.

Most people think that Hardy dominated Swick but iv watched that fight several times over and i see Swick landing more on Hardy then Hardy lands on him. Just Swicks punches had no effect. But at that point he was so malnourished that its understandable.