MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - JDS: I'm ready to submit someone
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
He's a disciple of Minotauro so who knows. I doubt his ground game is THAT good mostly because his hands are downright freighting but I'm sure it's not too shabby. All I know is he has a black belt so he's clearly not gonna be in uncharted waters if he does get put on his back.
If I'm informed right, Dos Santos received his black belt only a couple of weeks ago. I'm always a bit sceptical with established UFC fighters receiving their black belt. You never know whether it's really earned, because of technical mastery or whether it's earned for being a successful fighter (which in Dos Santos case doesn't tell that much about his BJJ skills as he mainly boxes)

In his open grappling workout with Machida a couple of months ago, his movements don't look that fluid like a real black belt should look like.

So until he showcases some good grappling in actual fights, I keep my doubts about his BJJ.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome