MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: The UFC Didnít Pass Over Johny Hendricks, GSP Asked for Diaz

View Single Post

Old 12-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Term
Featherweight

Term Is True Champion Of KnowledgeTerm Is True Champion Of KnowledgeTerm Is True Champion Of KnowledgeTerm Is True Champion Of KnowledgeTerm Is True Champion Of KnowledgeTerm Is True Champion Of KnowledgeTerm Is True Champion Of KnowledgeTerm Is True Champion Of KnowledgeTerm Is True Champion Of KnowledgeTerm Is True Champion Of KnowledgeTerm Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
But if you wanna look at the last few years, you'll notice the UFC is in a pretty steep decline as far as North America goes. Ratings and Buys are significantly down, TUF is stale, the FOX deal hasn't lived up to expectations yet and the UFC recently had to cancel it's first ever PPV event.
Really? a steep decline? I will grant you TUF is stale, but they have gotten 16 seasons. Plus they have Brazil and Smashes. How many shows do you know that lasted 15 seasons, and created two spinoffs?

Canceling a PPV was a big hit, but it happened once. Other organizations did that and they went away. All the PPVs since 151 have did decent numbers from what I read. I also read Sonnen and Anderson did a Million, it just didn't surpass the 1.5 million that Brock did. Also I think the economy has had a bit of an effect on PPV numbers. People just don't have the money to spend like they used to.

Perhaps the Fox ratings have not been what they wanted, but does that really mean that the UFC is in decline. Maybe it just means they overestimated how much it would grow.

Forum GP - Season XI - Champion
Term is offline   Reply With Quote