MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: The UFC Didnít Pass Over Johny Hendricks, GSP Asked for Diaz

View Single Post

Old 12-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Soojooko
of Nazareth

Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
And what about Fight Nights? Prelims? TUF? I get PPV's are down, that's expected, the economy sucks, PPV is an outdated model and asking people to pay 60 bucks for a card that might be good is crazy but that's just one aspect of it, what about free TV? Ratings are down in all three. Of course it wasn't going to keep growing and growing and growing but I guarantee you if you go back and dig up the numbers on Spike not a single prelim special was under a million viewers. FX has had about four or five, that's not consistency, that's a DECREASE. Anyone who denies that fact that the UFC has hit a decline in North America is just kidding themselves. Hell GSP couldn't even draw over 20,000 to the Bell Centre, two years ago he sold it out with Koscheck and this was his big return at 19 months away.

Is the UFC dying? No, but is it as popular as it was back in 2009 and 2010 in the States? Absolutely not.
Of course the numbers for individual shows are down. There are 3 times as many shows. I would wager that *total* viewing numbers are up since 2009.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote