MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Official Poker Lounge On Strategy And Tactics

View Single Post

Old 12-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
luckbox
Cheeky freak of the week

luckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
If I bink a big tourney I'll wire you a decent sum and back you...hehe. I dunno though. From 2006 - 2008 the games were much softer. Everybody is incredibly good now.
This is definitely true. Back in those days I broke even in the games even though I was truly terrible. The me of 2012 would crush those games but that goes for most regulars today. Still, these things goes in waves. NLHE was around for a century without the skill level really rising at all. Then poker boomed, cash flowed in, young, incredibly bright guys like Phil Galfond, Tom Dwan, Patrik Antonius, Ben Sulsky and all the online superstars of today saw an opportunity to make major cash, worked insanely hard at poker and nearly solved the damn game. But poker won't be like it is now forever. It's booming in Asia, and when it gets regulated in America, if the US economy is steady, fish will flow in again. I wouldn't worry about the games being this tough forever.

luckbox is offline   Reply With Quote