MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
RearNaked
Bantamweight

RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
That is a huge reach IMO. I think Weidman and Belfort beat him handily while fighters like Bisping and Sonnen (should he come back down) give him major problems. I think Okami is a better all around fighter as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App
If you're going by resume he's #2. The only other option is Bisping.

Weidman has looked very good, but he's only beaten Maia (if we're talking about over-rated I'd start with him) and Munoz.

Belcher is more deserving of a title shot than anyone Anderson has ever faced as champion other than Henderson and Marquardt. Finishes over Palhares, Cote, and Gouveia and his most recent loss was controversial as hell (although I scored it for Akiyama myself, barely).

Bisping has more wins, but tends to win by decision and has some losses mixed in that were much more clear cut than Belcher's loss to the sexy one.
RearNaked is offline   Reply With Quote