MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Official gun laws discussion thread

View Single Post

Old 12-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rusty
Gone Hunting

Rusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
Problem is that there's a difference between trying to fix a weapon-dependent system and creating a new one without any weapons. That's why it's impossible to remove all weapons in the US in one swoop, it can and will never be done.

On the other hand introducing weapons into a society that has never had access to them would never work either. Everyone I know feel safer without a weapon in their home than they would having one.

And yes, I realize that a kitchen knife is a dangerous weapon, but so is a toothbrush according to many prisons
You've never grabbed for a weapon when you thought you were about to be attacked? I find that hard to believe unless you've never felt in danger. I had a group of guys chasing me after I knocked some teeth out of one of their friends until they noticed that I had a tire iron and lost all interest. You've never, ever, ever, used a weapon for self defense Bud?

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote