MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Official gun laws discussion thread

View Single Post

Old 12-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #30 (permalink)
UFC_OWNS
You're not terribly important to me

UFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawndo View Post
Can I ask, and this isn't me trying to be a dick or anything but have any of you gun owners ever actually had to shoot another person?

I find it quite interesting that people who own guns say they do so for defence, which implies they have them to use on intruders/attackers but I'm intrigued to hear if you have ever actually had to use one. I find the thought of shooting someone quite scary and horrible to be honest and I am quite interested to hear what normal average Joes like myself would feel about killing or maiming someone? The way I hear Americans speak about it it seems to be quite matter of fact and just kinda "done". I'd have second thoughts about punching someone full force never mind firing at someone!
Well as I mentioned there's no point of having in the country since our ***** laws stink, but I have had to fend off people with knives and bats before with my MMA training alone when I would have rathered scared them off or shot them with my gun. And no one actually wants to use a gun on a person anyhow it's just a precaution and to hope it doesn't happen. But all too often when theres a serial attacker like sandy hook guy and dark knight rises guy, there's not a soul to fire back and stop the carnage. And I believe the areas these attacks happen are mainly gun free zones anyhow so it doesn't matter.

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK

UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote