MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dan Henderson 'perfectly fine' with women taking top billing

View Single Post

Old 12-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
I think this is Hendo doing a little "damage" control. So often, including badly around here, people completely skip the line that says FIGTHER A's coach said this, and just associate it with the fighter himself... see Ed Soares.

He knows it's not up to him, he's just saying his coaches opinion doesn't reflect his.
TBH i never clicked the other thread about Henderson and this. So i kinda am guilty of just assuming that it was Henderson that was complaining about women headlining. I thought it was a bit out of character but at the same time i can see Hendo being pretty old school and people back in the day would probably see this as an insult. (I dont know... maybe... im sure some people would)

So yeah this thread helped clear that up for me. And the "Damage Control" by Henderson worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
The UFC gave Rousey 100% victory with that fight, not even Carmouche herself thinks that she can win that fight.
Then you shouldnt call it staged. People are gonna think you are saying that the fight will be scripted or something. And this is MMA fights are never 100% certain.

That said Dana White did say that buncha fighters turned down the fight. And they WERE trying to make the cyborg fight happen. Probably would have happened too if it wasnt for Ortiz.