MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Beef between GSP and Seagal

View Single Post

Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Guessin' you don't really like GSP. I'm a long time Seagal advocate, but lets look at the figures.

Fought twice in the UFC and challenged for the belt and did well. Nerves got the better of him. Subsequently went on a five fight winning streak beating Hughes for his sixth consecutive win. Lost it against Serra then went on a ten fight win streak beating the top five and ten fighters in the entire division beating both fighters convincingly who he lost to earlier.

Granted he fought more frequently when he was younger, but he's getting older and is becoming more injury prone. He usually fights five rounds so there's a higher inclination for him to be injured. He won 40 out of 41 rounds in a span of five years. You gotta look at it this way. Have you ever competed in any sports. If you did then you know how mentally tough and skilled you have to be to maintain the competitive edge. Don't buy into other people talking about how he plays it safe. He maims his opponents. Condit was the only fight recently where he got battered. Nobody would be talking down on him if he finished. He said it best in an interview; "I don't have the power of Rampage Jackson, the accuracy of Anderson Silva, or the athleticism of Roy Jones Jr."

Dude has to rely on his entire tool box to win albeit in a more risk adverse fashion. He's highly skilled, has a much stronger mental acuity now, excellent fight IQ, and above all else a humble martial artist. I have friends who know em personally. I've heard he's like an average joe you'd meet on the streets. I guarantee anybody who meets em would probably immediately change their minds.

Ultimately I look at them from two perspectives; on and off the Octagon. To me he's an excellent ambassador albeit with a bad French accent...lolz.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote