MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 04-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #48 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb
Thanks a bunch. Ive definitely noticed that live grappling is the most efficient way to get better overall it just sucks that BJJ classes have very little actual 'live grappling.' Im usually fine when I have my partner with me because we can just roll but it sucks when he's not there and I have no one to roll with.
I'm starting at a new BJJ school (actually today) and their schedule says that they have open mats on Friday nights. Open mats are the best way to get alot of rolling in over a very short period of time. I've noticed that alot of guys will go off to get water or get a Gatorade from the drugstore in the middle. This is my advice:

When you have open mat (or any martial arts class, for that matter) stay on the mat the whole time. Part of the discipline in this sport is dedication and so its important not to lose a minute of training time when you have a teacher and senior students who could be teaching your stuff.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote