MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 156 poster

Thread: UFC 156 poster
View Single Post

Old 12-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
I can't think that rashad is that great a striker if he gets dominated standing by jones and machida and thiago silva
I agree with you in the sense that I don't take Rashad striking seriously. I doubt he's top ten in the UFC division when it comes to striking. But what he does have is a great chin and he's a hard out. He was only finished by Machida and that was because he went into that fight in bezerker mode. Nog basically lost to Brilz, Bader, and Davis so I see no reason to think he'll be able to KO Rashad. Next to maybe a rematch with Forrest this is Evan's easiest fight in the top twenty.

Silva/Overeem is another hilarious mismatch but it leads to Silva/Nelson and Overeem/JDS so I'm fine with it. Big Foot gives us good fights he has the class to lose quickly and goriessly so cool with that.

Aldo/Edgar is FOTY in my eyes, this is the closest most competitive title we'll likely see this year.

Kind of bummed out they didn't put Fitch/Maia and McCall/Benavidez on the poster as well because those are huge exciting fights. All four guys are likely higher ranked in their respective divisions than Silva and Nog and both are great fights. I think if Demian Maia finishes Fitch he could be the one to steal Johny Hendricks next title shot.

John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote