MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Killing the King: Junior dos Santos

View Single Post

Old 12-28-2012, 06:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
hatedcellphones
Flyweight

hatedcellphones is on another level nowhatedcellphones is on another level nowhatedcellphones is on another level nowhatedcellphones is on another level nowhatedcellphones is on another level nowhatedcellphones is on another level nowhatedcellphones is on another level nowhatedcellphones is on another level nowhatedcellphones is on another level nowhatedcellphones is on another level nowhatedcellphones is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
Oh absolutely. He's clearly the #1 HW in the world right now and no one else comes close. But he isn't Anderson or GSP. He isn't some unbeatable monster.

Yet.
Yet. Exactly.
I really like Cain AND Junior, but I want Junior to win so he can become a dominant champ of the division. With a skill set and record like his, I think it's very possible for him to become an Anderson Silva type fighter at Heavyweight.
Granted, I don't think that he's as good a fighter as Silva pound for pound, but he'd be a similar champion: dominant striking with very little need for a ground game, but he does have one should he ever need it. That second part we haven't seen from Junior, but if anyone's going to get it out of him it's Cain. That's part of why I'm so excited for this fight. I want to see if Junior can show himself to be a more complete fighter.
hatedcellphones is offline   Reply With Quote