MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Martial Arts Movies and the MMA

View Single Post

Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Alright Ima rattle out some flicks in no particular order.
Whatever comes off the top my head...

Best Of The Best

Wax On Wax Off
Enter The Dragon (most watched this in the 80's so we'll categorize it as such)
They Call Me Bruce
Shogun and Bruce Leeroy (can't remember the name of the film at the moment, but you know what I'm talking about)
The Big Brawl with Jackie Chan
Kung Fu
Big Trouble In Little China
Drunken Monkey

Finally "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka!" Who can forget about Kung Fu Joe!
I trained a bit in a hybrid of kickboxing and Tae Kwon do and it's pretty useless in street fights, but those kicks are hella dope if you can land em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
One film that nobody seems to have seen is Best of the Best. All sequels were awful but it was an amazing story. I watched it the night before my karate tournament and these dudes were bust opened and everything. I get points off for hitting too hard to the face. Bullshit
Yah definitely an underrated film. Sad to see Chris Penn (brother of Sean Penn) pass away. He was actually a black belt in karate.

Dae Han Park was a bad ass. He was like a Asian version of Johnny from Karate Kid.

Try Drunken Master, Rumble In The Bronx, Once Upon A Time In China, The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, and Ong Bak.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote