MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Being American.

Thread: Being American.
View Single Post

Old 12-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
RearNaked
Bantamweight

RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Living in Canada, and having my whole family from the UK, the easy response is always just 'if you hate us so much, why do you let us tell you what to do all the time?' And it's funny because I really identify as Canadian at this point, having lived here for more than half my life, but there's just that little bit of American in me that can't help standing up for the states every time someone talks shit, even in situations that have been pretty dicey in the past like in bars full of drunken Canucks.

Just this morning, I'm reading the Vancouver Sun and it's the top 10 CANADIAN sports moments of the year written by two guys and they've BOTH taken the time to dedicate space to talking shit about America's gun 'problem'. It's just everywhere you look in this country. It's like they're obsessed. What does the top 10 Canadian sports moments of the year have to do with Sandy Hook?

Last edited by RearNaked : 12-29-2012 at 10:11 AM.
RearNaked is offline   Reply With Quote