MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Can Someone Tell me Why Diaz is Getting a Title Shot?

View Single Post

Old 12-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
RedRocket44
Bantamweight

RedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level now
oh look, it's another one of these threads.

Out of all the questionable fights recently (Silva/Bonnar - yes I realize it was to save a card, but it was still an awful matchup, JBJ/Sonnen, etc) this is one you should be least worried about.

Diaz lost a very close 3-2 round fight, for the interim belt. If the judges scored it 3-2 for Diaz it wouldn't have been the worst judging decision ever. Some thought Diaz won it, and he was riding an 11 fight win streak before that. I know I wanted to see this fight before everything went to hell last year, and many other fans did to. Yes, money/PPV sales probably is playing a small part in this, but it's not as if Diaz is some nobody the UFC just picked up off the street.

Hendricks/Kampmann was not for an interim belt, and never billed as a #1 contender fight. Hendricks barely squeaked by Koscheck, somebody who GSP dominated twice.

Hendricks and a lot of his fans assumed that if he won, he was guaranteed a title shot. I don't recall anyone ever stating that.
RedRocket44 is offline   Reply With Quote