MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #108 (permalink)
TraMaI
"I <3 Trolls"

TraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
You really think that performance was worthy of "beast"? He's a former contender, lost the striking in the fight, won by smother. Yeah he won, but that wasn't beastly, it was snuggly.

I'll admit Belcher had a role in creating those boring TD hugfests with his pulling guard and going for subs he should have known he couldn't complete.
Even at that, he barely won the ground striking. He has AMAZING control but he needs to do something with it to earn the moniker of "Beast." It's very impressive he can control guys like that, but until he starts slinging leather, throwing elbows or at least LOOKING for submissions I think he's going to have to take the Fitch route to the title... again. Meaning it won't happen.

EDIT: Yes, I realize "OMFG JON IS A HUMAN BLANKET LOLZ" is going to come out of this. It's not true though. Jon is constant pressure when he's on top. Even if they aren't hard shots, there's a shitload of them.
TraMaI is offline   Reply With Quote