MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez II Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 03:45 AM   #272 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
I really thought Cain was gonna be the more skilled guy what blew my mind was just how well he mixed things up and how much he threw JDS off. And secondly how tired Junior was. I just figured that at some point JDS was gonna catch Cain and put him to sleep because you can't train a chin and I still think Cain's is questionable. After one round it looked pretty clear that Cain had stole JDS soul and his punching power in 5 minutes.

Not sure how a 3rd fight would go, again I think it would be a much different fight. JDS one tool he was having incredible success with tonight was his body shots and it really appeared they were taking something out of Cain by the end of the fight so I would expect to see that be a more major focus for JDS in a rematch. I also think JDS would need to figure out a way to threaten or punish Cain for the TD attempts because even though JDS looked to be shrugging them off early in the first he was doing nothing to stop them from continuously coming and that allowed Cain to use them as a tool to open up without fear of being countered.
Tbh and i might be completely off basis but some moments off the fight hand me questioning JDS heart. I know he stuck in there all 5 rounds but i felt that he had his will broken alot easier then expected.

Ofcourse i could be very well wrong and looking in to something that isnt there. But its just what went through my head as i was watching the fight. I was surprised by it because i always thought JDS is the type of guy that wont let his will be broken no matter what. Which he might be and my assumption as i was watching the fight might be wrong. Im not a mind reader so i get that.