MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez II Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #276 (permalink)
TanyaJade
Welterweight

TanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World Renown
I felt really bad for JDS at the end, especially when he was inches from tears, asking the crowd why they were booing. Nice guy, just cannot stand how hard some people on this forum latch onto his balls.

A few thoughts:

- I was super impressed by Cain, I don't know how anyone couldn't be. He beat JDS in every facet of the game, striking, grappling, you name it. I was beyond surprised when he dropped him in the first with that punch, and landed that kick as well.

- JDS has proven to have really good takedown defense, even in this fight. I originally expected Cain to come out like a madman and take him down at will, but he gave Cain some major fits with his TDD. However, we did get to see what JDS is like on his back and he's actually very average. I expected more from someone who trains out of Team Nogueira.

- This puts JDS in a really, realy tricky situation and the heavyweight division is looking to be more confusing. Who does he fight next? He's literally just about cleared out the division. Carwin, Mir, Nelson, Struve, Werdum...Who the hell does he fight next? Cormier, who has said he won't fight Cain? Barnett maybe? Overeem is more than likely getting the next shot as Velasquez so JDS will need at least one more win to ean arematch, maybe even two.

Faber - Arlovski - Velasquez - Weidman - Lawler - Mighty Mouse
Credit to M.C. for the sig!
TanyaJade is online now   Reply With Quote