MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez II Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #286 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
I personally really, really can't wait for Cain to face Werdum. It's such an interesting stylistic match up to me. You have the top pedigree wrestler of the division matched up with an absolute wizard on the ground. Then on top of that, the two guys are quite evenly matched on the feet. It should make for an incredibly entertaining fight, never write off Werdum. He could quite easily lock a triangle onto Cain once he gets the take down. Can't wait for that fight.

As glad as I,am Cain won, there are still holes and still many improvements to be made in his game. I've thought it for a while, but he has almost zero BJJ or submission offense. I'd like to see him develop some what of a submission game with so many of his opponents just literally leaving their neck wide open for the taking.

There were several times throughout last nights fight where I was urging Cain on to seperate just a little bit from the clinch against the cage, but keep Juniors back against it and tee off and look for the KO/TKO. Instead he was so heavily going for the take down, he could have finished JDS with adjustments to his game last night.

Still a fantastic performance though, dominating one of the very best HW's in the world from bell to bell like that.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote