MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez II Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #291 (permalink)
mmaswe82
Shogun

mmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By All
This is what I expected to happen in the first fight & I expected it to happen again this time.

I wouldn't say that it was a "lucky punch" in the first fight but I was sure it was mostly due to Cain looking slow coming off injury and as we learnt was also injured again.

Sure JDS gassed early but I doubt it was due to bad cardio rather than failing to handle the pressure Cain put on him.
Also Cains cardio looked way worse than it did before his injury if not for that he would probably have mauled him even worse.

I say Cain beats him 7/10 if they both are healthy.

They are the top 2 guys and in over all skill are pretty equal but Cain is a bad matchup for JDS due to the fact that IMO JDS has overrated TDD/wrestling.
He's never faced any good wrestler who tried to get him down before Cain.

Wrestling has always been the weakness of JDS but there hasn't been anyone to challenge him in it except Cain, perhaps Cormier & pre illness Lesnar but none of the fighters JDS faced before Cain.