MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - All of the ORIGINAL Cain fans, Get the **** in here!

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Thing is if Overeem is winning I can't see it going past two or three rounds. Overeem winning means he's landing his shots which we all know are all KO material. Cain winning can mean a five round beating. Cain held his own against Brock which surprised me. He also held JDS who's pretty damn strong himself at bay. But none of em have the arsenal Overeem has. I really think Overeem will land a bomb somewhere in there knocking out Cain cleanly. The way Overeem fights is interesting. He's this hulking dude who stays low to the ground and has good body movement for his size.
JDS is supposedly a kick boxer, but employs 99% punches. Overeem has a wicked left hook, right bomb, inside leg kicks, roundhouse kicks, super strong upper body to repel takedowns + control clinch, and of course my favorite his fake right then left KNEE to the liver. Doesn't throw much combos, but he's got sick striking. Against Cain you won't have time to throw combos anyways. It's gotta be a counter when he goes for the shoot.

Can't wait.

I enjoyed that pun. Overeem has his hands up usually to proect himself as he knows he doesn't have the strongest chin. But he's been knocked out before so he's not afraid to engage. I think Overeem could pull it off.
Agree with all of the above. I've always believed Overeem to be the much more dangerous and technically better striker than Dos Santos. The dude can literally put guys into a coma with those uber-knee missiles.

That said, I,am a firm believer in karma, and I think Alitsair blatantly roiding for all of these years since he has switched to HW and hulked himself up (he is by far the strongest man in the HW division, freakishly strong, the way he was just tossing Brock Lesnar aside was frightening), so I think he'll eventually get what's coming to him and will have to suffer the consequences for cheating himself and others out of fair competition for years as HW.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote