MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - mexican vs brazillian

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Soakked
Welterweight

Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
If your implying I am racist your way off the mark.

I am not American, I don't understand the whole represent your country schtick but GSP gets pushed as the big Canadian and a lot of the country loves that so I kinda see that. Thing is GSP is Canadian. If GSP had a Canadian Father and was born in the US we would turn against the very concept of him representing our country. By the same token GSP is a french Canadian and if he started rocking the French Flag and claiming France we would turn against him. That is why I don't get it. Americans and Mexicans should hate Cain he is a pretender to one and a traitor in a sense to the other.
No I am not implying you are racist, not implying anyone is racist for that matter, sorry if it seemed to come out that way. All I was saying is that the racial issue in America is difficult for non-Americans to understand. It's like a black person from England comes over and is baffled at how different things are around here. It has to do with American history and current politics.

Lets be honest here, the picture that comes to mind when someone says True American is blond hair blue eyes. Children of immigrants (not just Mexicans) understand this. Not everyone will accept him as a full blooded American, no matter how Policially Correct we want to be.

Just wanted to add that I am not crying for anyone, but I respect their choice to associate themselves with whatever they wish to associate themselves with. As long as it isn't coming from hate, I see no reason why he should explain himself. That's why I'm cool with the Confederate flag but not the Nazi flag.

Personally if it were me I would fly both flags or whatever, but whatever floats his boat. Just trying to add some context in there.
"Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore." - Tyrion Lannister
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote