MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Should Jamie Varner have had a point deducted?

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmdM View Post
Ok, if those are the rules, then i agree that points should not have had been deducted. Thanks for the enlightenment on the matter.

However, i do feel that Varner knew Melvin was hiting the ground with his head in a brutal way and i feel that due to the danger of a serious injury, that should be taken into account when evaluating/preventing this kind of situations.
Varner likely knew Guilliard was gonna hit the ground in a bad way but by that token its Melvin's responsibility to defend and protect himself. Melvin put himself in a risky position in order to try and obtain a more advantageous position. Your suggesting that Varner should allow Guilliard to get that position because defending it would either force Melvin to release the position or take a dangerous impact.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote