MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Where was JDS jiu jitsu??

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
mastodon2222
Bantamweight

mastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
There was hardly any wall and stall. When Cain had Junior up against the fence, the vast majority of the time he was dirty boxing the snot out of him and pounding on his rib cage like it was a frozen piece of beef in the chiller. When he wasn't dirty boxing, he was latching onto single legs and dumping Junior onto the mat. I counted four times throughout the fight where JDS grabbing onto the cage prevented Cain from taking him down.

As for his BJJ, as I expected, it's rubbish. There's a reason his entire career he's treated the octagon floor like deadly lava from a Sonic The Hedgehog game, because he sucks there - and like in Sonic, if he falls into that lava, it's pretty much GAME OVER.
This from JDS' BJJ coach:
<<Now the master who discovered him eight years ago says that 'Cigano' is probably going to at last demonstrate the quality of his game on the ground when he faces Cain Velasquez to defend the heavyweight title.

Junior Cigano’s chance to prove how legit his black belt is on December 29th in the main fight of UFC 155, when he faces off with Cain Velasquez for the second time. .

I have to agree - JDS is a one dimensional fighter with decent TDD (while he's still fresh) but no ground game to speak of.
mastodon2222 is offline   Reply With Quote