MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is Cormier the uncrowned champion.

View Single Post

Old 12-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Cain would beat Cormier due to his style being slightly better adapted to an MMA environment. His overall MMA wrestling is better than Cormiers, his striking is better and the big difference maker between the two is Cains cardio and relentless pressure. After a round or two Cain would probably overwhelm Cormier and eventually start beating him up pretty bad. I think you can tell from the way Cormier reacts to in interviews about Cain, that he realises Cain is the better fighter. It almost seems that despite Cormier being Cains wrestling coach, that he kind of idolises Cain and looks up to him as a fighter. He understands how much of a freakish talent Velasquez really is.

That's not a knock on Cormier though, he is a monster and would probably plough through the rest of the division. Cormier has been calling out Jon Jones for months now, so I'd bet that he already has his move and diet down to LHW planned out for an inevitable show down with Jon Jones.

It's an interesting fight and I think Cormier is one of the bigger threats to Jones out there, but again, Jones has Daniel beat in pretty much all areas. Jones' wrestling is better tailored towards MMA, I don't think he'd have much trouble neutralising Daniels wrestling in the cage, and when it comes to striking he could be able to pick him apart with his diverse striking arsenal from range.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded : 12-31-2012 at 11:55 AM.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote