MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - JDS's face going into each round

View Single Post

Old 12-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #40 (permalink)
leifdawg
Welterweight

leifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
What sucks is just like a flash KO... we never really got to see this fight unfold. JDS was hurt beyond recovery and then gassed beyond believe after the first round. We have no idea how the rest of the fight would have played out. How long JDS could have kept that pace before tiring.

I think JDS needs to either work on punishing failed TD attempts or keeping his hands up and possibly sacrificing some of his TDD. He showed the ability to get back up despite his condition. He may want to take his chances going to the ground than taking a big shot trying to defend the take down.

I'm not sure you can ever be on Cain's level for cardio but it's worth a shot.
IMO, he was already starting to slow down by the time he got rocked. I've actually questioned JDS's cardio for a while now. It's good enough to coast to a decision if he doesn't get the finish in the 1st, but it's not nearly good enough to keep up Cain's pace for 3 rounds let alone 5.