MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Daniel Cormier might get next shot at Jon Jones' title despite no wins at 205 and UFC
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Baddest Man Alive
Chael's getting the crack at the belt for good reason. He's marketable and he said yes and always says yes. But after that is over, I predict right now that if Hendo can eith A. finish Machida, or B. fight Machida like he did Shogun for 3 rounds, Dan will get the next shot @ 205. A win over Machida w/o a doubt, at least IMO, puts Dan as the true number 1 contender. And oh God do I want that fight to happen so bad by the end of 2013. I know it sounds crazy, but Dan is the most dangerous opponent for Jon Jones right now.

That all being said, I do get the point was how Dana kinda jumps over guys as far as title shots go. Do I mind that? Not really, honestly, unless its one of my guys getting skipped over. Kinda keeps things exciting.

As for Cormier, I think guys coming from SF holding a belt should fight the champ in their weightclass to make the winner "Undisputed" champion, ya know? Kinda like they did with Hendo. Hendo today woulda killed Rampage. But Cormier's a real legitimate threat. 1 win in the UFC @ any weight class and I wont bitch a title shot in any weight class.

Last edited by 3DLee; 12-31-2012 at 05:36 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome