MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Daniel Cormier might get next shot at Jon Jones' title despite no wins at 205 and UFC

View Single Post

Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
3DLee
Baddest Man Alive

3DLee is on another level now3DLee is on another level now3DLee is on another level now3DLee is on another level now3DLee is on another level now3DLee is on another level now3DLee is on another level now3DLee is on another level now3DLee is on another level now3DLee is on another level now3DLee is on another level now
Chael's getting the crack at the belt for good reason. He's marketable and he said yes and always says yes. But after that is over, I predict right now that if Hendo can eith A. finish Machida, or B. fight Machida like he did Shogun for 3 rounds, Dan will get the next shot @ 205. A win over Machida w/o a doubt, at least IMO, puts Dan as the true number 1 contender. And oh God do I want that fight to happen so bad by the end of 2013. I know it sounds crazy, but Dan is the most dangerous opponent for Jon Jones right now.

That all being said, I do get the point was how Dana kinda jumps over guys as far as title shots go. Do I mind that? Not really, honestly, unless its one of my guys getting skipped over. Kinda keeps things exciting.

As for Cormier, I think guys coming from SF holding a belt should fight the champ in their weightclass to make the winner "Undisputed" champion, ya know? Kinda like they did with Hendo. Hendo today woulda killed Rampage. But Cormier's a real legitimate threat. 1 win in the UFC @ any weight class and I wont bitch a title shot in any weight class.

Last edited by 3DLee : 12-31-2012 at 04:36 PM.
3DLee is offline   Reply With Quote