MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael Bisping's standing in the MW division

View Single Post

Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World Renown
Bisping is doing alright in the division, realistically he lost the first round to Jason Miller, should have been DQ'd against Rivera, Dana thought he lost to Stann, and he lost to Sonnen. His run is impressive in statistics only, I don't see him as a legitimate top ten/top five guy yet.

For me to buy him as a threat to win the title he needs a big impressive decisive victory. I don't think he needs to finish Vitor but beating him 30-27 would be good enough to grant him a title shot.

Personally I think Chris Weidman has the talent to beat Anderson Silva. Luke Rockhold seems like the guy that can give Anderson the fight of his life. I'd like to see either of those two fight for the title and have the winner of Bisping/Belfort fight Hector Lombard. That would solidify the top five in my eyes.

Right now my MW rankings are

1. Anderson Silva
2. Chris Weidman
3. Vitor Belfort
4. Michael Bisping
5. Luke Rockhold
6. Hector Lombard
7. Yushin Okami
8. Jacare Souza
9. Mark Munoz
10. Costa Phillippou
11. Brian Stann
12. Tim Boetsch
13. Alan Belcher
14. Cung Le
15. Francis Carmount
16. Rich Franklin
17. Nick Ring
18. Jake Shields
19. Rousimer Palhares
20. Riki Fukodu

I'm pretty excited to see what Sarafian, Mutante, and Markes can do against top level competition. It's a shallow nebulous division which is why Bisping is in the mix.

John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote