Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

JDS's face going into each round

6K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  El Bresko 
#1 ·

Credit goes to n0m4d1k in reddit.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, people keep going on about a third fight but I couldn't care less. This fight wasnt a quick flash ko, it wasn't a back and forth fight, it was destruction by Cain, it was a one sided beating and that ^^^ above shows it.

#3 ·
I agree

I always argued that Cain would be very different in the rematch, as 64 seconds isn't long enough to properly gauge both fighters ability. 25 minutes is, JDS should have to fight atleast twice before fighting Cain again, and against very stiff competition, hopefully even Cormier.

The top 5 is pretty clear for me at the moment:

Cain
JDS
Overeem
Cormier
Werdum

Overeem, Cormier and Werdum are all fighting soon and will all win. Cormier and Cain won't fight so Dana might not let him fight contenders at HW though.

JDS V Barnett would be fun.

#4 ·
Yeah I'd say 2-3 fights away. UFC might not even want a third fight with how one sided Saturday's fight was, sure it's 1-1 but Cain proved Saturday that he is by far the better fighter. We will have to wait and see what the ppv's buys we're at to see if the rematch was even that popular.

#5 ·
Lets be real here and talk heavyweights...when's the last time you guys saw a 5 round heavyweight bout? The truth is even 3 round fights at HW don't come around more often than definitive finishes. Cain showed he was the better man, and JDS showed he had the heart of a champion and weathered the storm.

It's one thing to see a guy get a beating put on him, it's another thing to see the guy get knocked out in the first round. JDS played it right and was able to survive after Cain knocked him down in the first, Cain could not do the same and was finished. I think JDS kept more of his pride.

#6 ·
It's not Junior's game to drag people into deep waters. He goes in and tries to finish the fight with a big KO. It is Cain's style to put on a high paced fight and try to wear his opponent down.

Each fighter has a win implement his game plan.... so how is one win any more impressive than the other? Aw yes, you're more impressed because of Cain's 5 round dominance? right? That fight was over in the first round. I'm 10x more impressed by JDS's heart. The dude could barely stand in rounds 2 and 3. Then in the championship rounds, he was still landing body shots and stuffing take downs. While eating punishment. At first I was just waiting for that final blow to put him down. There was just nothing Cain could do to keep this guy down.

IMO there was no excuse for Cain to not finish this fight. He was fighting a zombie for 4.5 rounds.

I won't take anything away from Cain's victory but please stop this ridiculous talk about how a 3rd fight isn't needed.

#8 · (Edited)
You Jds fans just don't stop!!. Jds has powerful hands we all know that, he landed in fight 1. Fight 2 Cain is healthy and fit and destroys him for 5 rounds, on the ground, against the cage and standing, scoring 2 10-8 rounds there is no need for a third.

Roy nelson is in there almost every fight getting hammered all over the cage with more heart than anyone, why don't all you Jds fans go hang off his ball bag :).

We better also get Serra vs Gsp III, same thing.

#22 · (Edited)
No one has looked worse in defeat from Cain Valasquez than Jds, and he was who people were calling the greatest heavyweight of all time. Hey Brock come back, your loss don't look to bad now.
Make up your mind already. You said "No one has looked worse in defeat from Cain Valasquez than JDS" and I showed someone from his last fight. No that doesn't count because of Big Foots ranking?

There are plenty of Champions who have been crushed in dominating fashion to lose their belt. Just because you don't have a memory that spans longer than 3 days, doesn't make that the truth.

Jones vs Shogun a pretty damn good example. Since you mention it, GSP vs Serra II was pretty good too. AS dominated Rich Franklin.

This fight was over in the first round. Once again, anything that happened after that point was fairly moot. I was impressed with Cain in the first round (after his 8 horrible td attempts) but as the fight carried on, his performance got sloppier and sloppier. He was just lucky JDS had no idea where he was.

Wow, Cain makes my willy hard.
That I don't doubt at all... and you're calling other people nut swingers? The irony.

#31 ·
Personally, I'd like to see Overeem vs JDS, but JDS might see a six month medical after that beating. It's bothers me (vaguely) that a 'roid-head gets a title shot out of the gate, but I think these champs from other orgs get title shots qucik because they're worth more money that way. What's Jake Shields now?

#34 ·
In the first fight JDS stopped Cain in the first round.

In the second fight Cain stopped JDS in the first round but couldn't put him away. He couldn't put him away for the subsequent four rounds despite JDS not having any real fight left in him due to the shots he took in the first.

JDS has big holes in his game he needs to close. Cain has big holes in his game he needs to close. JDS needs versatility in the event his go-to strategy doesn't work and Cain needs to be able to finish dangerous fighters when he has them in a bad way. It almost cost him a couple times versus Kongo and if JDS could have recovered it was a risk that Cain just needs to take off the table...

#36 ·
People are really getting their knickers in a twist over this fight. I thought both guys looked great, Cain coming back and overcoming the KO loss and implementing a great game plan and Junior for showing such heart. One shot and it could have been a very different story.

I like both guys, think they are good ambassadors for the sport and frankly I think they'd both be embarrassed by some of the blinded nut swinging.

Mir,Cain,Carwin,Nelson,Werdum are all high quality wins so I don't believe the first fight was a 'Serra' incident. Serra has probably only one top win (GSP).

I'd be excited for a third fight, Junior now knows what Cain brings to the table and its up to him to adjust. In the rubber match if there was another quick JDS knockout I'd still want more as they have polar opposite styles and it is and is going to continue to be a great rivalry.

#43 ·
Im trying to figure out why JDS has to win two fights against STIFF competition when Cain got a rematch after one fight against BigFoot who has proven nothing in the UFC and not a whole lot In Strikeforce? Does anyone else read how ridiculous some of these comments are?

#44 ·
Because a hail mary punch/flash ko can be landed by anybody. Cain beat JDS up for 25 minutes straight. I think 25 minutes of pure domination proves more than 64 seconds of even exchanges until one fighter gets caught. There is nothing to say that JDS can beat the current Cain after watching that fight.

The reason why he should wait two is because Werdum and Overeem are knocking on the door right now and I think they both should get their shots before JDS has a rematch.

#45 ·
I dont necessarily disagree with the second part but to me the comments still dont make sense. Cain didnt fight anyone even ranked before his rematch. I can see because of Werdum and Reem but....It still just seems like the UFC wanted to hype its LATINO PRIDE crap which to me is embarrassing for the sport. RIcco Rodriguez might have something to say about the supposed "First Latino HEavy Weight Champ".

#46 ·
Yeah they did want Cain back in there with JDS as soon as possible, but JDS was meant to fight Alistair instead. Werdum hadn't emerged as a true top contender in the UFC yet and Cain throughly destroyed Bigfoot. Who else were they going to give JDS? They already gave him Mir which was a ridiculous matchup.

Ricco is a tool and I don't care about him, I don't care for the UFC marketing team either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.