MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael Bisping's standing in the MW division

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
To be fair they were also gonna do Bisping/Boetsch until Bisping got hurt, but I get what you're saying.

Depending on this SF situation Weidman might get Okami but I'd love it if they set up Weidman/Belfort if Rockhold gets a unification fight, something Anderson said he was interested in.
The way I'd do it is to give Bisping a title shot if he beats Belfort (because that would be a really big win in I think everyone's eyes). If he loses, I'd give Weidman the shot because at the end of the day, he's an undefeated fighter who is ranked top 3 by almost everyone. I'd be really disappointed in Okami Vs Weidman but yeah, that will almost definently happen. Weidman will have a tough go at it because Okami may just take him down and keep him there, but I'd definently say Weidman has it in the bag.

I didn't know about Boetsch/Bisping though. I knew Bisping was fighting Stann in what was it? September? And Weidman was fighting Boetsch in like December. They easily could have waited and made them fight each other in December. It almost seems as though they dont want Bisping to get a title shot by giving him Belfort. Vitor isnt that high up the rankings because at the end of the day he did lose to Jones, and usually they'd have given Belfort someone like Belcher but he now stands as a HUGE roadblock in front of Bisping.

Meh, if Mike wants to be considered the true challenger for the title, he has to beat the best, and Vitor is certainly that.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote