MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael Bisping's standing in the MW division

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
The way I'd do it is to give Bisping a title shot if he beats Belfort (because that would be a really big win in I think everyone's eyes). If he loses, I'd give Weidman the shot because at the end of the day, he's an undefeated fighter who is ranked top 3 by almost everyone. I'd be really disappointed in Okami Vs Weidman but yeah, that will almost definently happen. Weidman will have a tough go at it because Okami may just take him down and keep him there, but I'd definently say Weidman has it in the bag.

I didn't know about Boetsch/Bisping though. I knew Bisping was fighting Stann in what was it? September? And Weidman was fighting Boetsch in like December. They easily could have waited and made them fight each other in December. It almost seems as though they dont want Bisping to get a title shot by giving him Belfort. Vitor isnt that high up the rankings because at the end of the day he did lose to Jones, and usually they'd have given Belfort someone like Belcher but he now stands as a HUGE roadblock in front of Bisping.

Meh, if Mike wants to be considered the true challenger for the title, he has to beat the best, and Vitor is certainly that.
Yeah, Bisping and Boetsch were gonna fight at 149 but Bisping got hurt and Stann got hurt around the same time so Lombard who was supposed to fight Stann fought Boetsch and then of course, Bisping and Stann got booked each other, Vitor wanted to fight Weidman but Weidman was trying to get a fight with Anderson, then they started talking about GSP/Silva and by that time Vitor moved up to fight Jones and Belcher was hurt so Weidman/Boetsch and Belcher/Okami got made.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote