MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael Bisping's standing in the MW division

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Light Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Yeah, Bisping and Boetsch were gonna fight at 149 but Bisping got hurt and Stann got hurt around the same time so Lombard who was supposed to fight Stann fought Boetsch and then of course, Bisping and Stann got booked each other, Vitor wanted to fight Weidman but Weidman was trying to get a fight with Anderson, then they started talking about GSP/Silva and by that time Vitor moved up to fight Jones and Belcher was hurt so Weidman/Boetsch and Belcher/Okami got made.
I'd have liked to see Bisping/Weidman, Belcher/Boetsch and Belfort/Okami instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
I think Bisping is #1 right now, even before fighting Vitor.
It's not even about he being, on paper, less skilled than the others, it's about his time has passed already for his shot. He is being around for while doing his job. He is far from being a fantastic fighter and this time we tend to revert to the "this fight doesn't sell because he does not stand a chance", but it's the guys turn, IMO.
He lost a controversial fight against Sonnen, who had the shot(twice) and Vitor had his shot at Anderson already and another present against Jones at 205 and if Vitor wins this one he'll be granted a third title shot since 2011. Attaboy, Vitor...
I wouldnt say Vitor gets a title shot if he beats Bisping. I'd say he has at mimimum another 3 fights before a title shoot. If he beats Bisping, I'd say we'll see Weidman and Anderson fight and maybe Belfort/Rockhold.

SORRY FOR POTENTIAL DOUBLE POST.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points

Last edited by Life B Ez : 01-02-2013 at 03:34 AM.
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote