MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - JDS vs Cain, Chapter 3

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #75 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Megaweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Sterl, I didnt think JDS was even taken down until he was hurt. I was actually really unimpressed by Cain's grappling. JDS wasn't using BJJ or any skill to stand up, Cain was just not strong enough on the ground to stop him. He kept himself light on JDS where he could have smashed him with GnP had he been able to hold him down. He could really use some BJJ training to improve his wrestling.

BOOM, well like every fighter he has a stand out point. He has great TDD but that's only because he wants to keep it standing to strike. His entire gameplan is geared towards striking. If someone is able to just click with their timing, like Cain did, yeah JDS is pretty screwed. But it's easier said than done and had Cain not landed that shot, I could have seen JDS doing the same again. He is THAT good at striking, that he smashed everyone enroute to beating a great champion. It's like saying old Nog was one dimentional or Cro Cop was one dimentional. They are, but can anybody actually stop them? Their entire gameplay is geared towards winning in a certain way. Anderson Silva isn't aiming to submit or out wrestle anyone, he's looking for a stand up KO, and everyone knows it. If you could out strike Anderson, you've won the fight. But as I said, easier said than done.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote