1. Frankie Edgar defeats Jose Aldo by split decision on February 2nd after a late surge where he gets dropped and nearly finished in the first two rounds to grind out two 10-9's in the third and fourth rounds before dropping Aldo in the fifth to take a split decision that gets FOTN and FOTY honors and splits the MMA world 50/50. Aldo and Edgar later rematch in the summer in Brazil.
2. Wanderlei Silva, Frank Mir, Rich Franklin, Nick Diaz, Rampage Jackson, Chael Sonnen, and Minotauro Nogueira retire.
3. Lyoto Machida defeats both Dan Henderson and Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua.
4. Jake Ellenberger defeats Johny Hendricks.
5. Daniel Cormier, Luke Rockhold, Nate Marquardt, and Gilbert Melendez all fight for a UFC Title in 2013.
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami