MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 155 payroll: JDS takes home $400k.

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ryan1522
Featherweight

Ryan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I'm not trying to say these guys shouldn't be making more money, I want everyone to get paid and all that good stuff but this is the fight game. No one came to see Hollaway, Moraga, Cariaso, De Fries or anyone like that. In order to make money for yourself you have to make money for your company.
No doubt, I fully believe in capitalism, but when you here stories of talents like Erick Silva having to sleep in the gym after practice, you wonder what other great talents there are out there that aren't getting paid properly to possibly develop into superstars.

I think it's in the best interest of the UFC to pay these guys a decent salary.

Rarely do I believe in trickle down economics, but in this case I do. If fighters make more, trainers will demand more and that will result in them being able to take on more chances in developing young talent at their gyms.

Edson Barboza
Jose Aldo
Anderson Silva
Nate Diaz
Donald Cerrone
Jon Jones
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brandon Thatch

2014 Superfight Advocate

Jones vs Silva

Last edited by Ryan1522 : 01-01-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Ryan1522 is offline   Reply With Quote