MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC PPV buys in 2012 vs. previous 5 years (with numbers)

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
RedRocket44
Bantamweight

RedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level now
no surprise to me here at all.

I truly believe the UFC is past it's prime, in terms of PPV buys. We have more PPVs than we ever used to, and people aren't going to spend $60 every 3 weeks. In-between that, we have televised events every 2-3 weeks as well.

High quality streams are fairly easy to find, and 1080p torrents are available within hours of the event finishing. Many people will either watch a stream, or download a HQ torrent the next morning, or go out to a bar and spend $20-$30 instead of $60 at home.

The big superbowl, summer and year end events will always sell well as the UFC stacks those cards, but in-between I would expect to see a continual decline in PPV buys. The current model is definitely sustainable for many years to come, but I don't think we see as many PPV buys.
RedRocket44 is offline   Reply With Quote