MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Daniel Cormier might get next shot at Jon Jones' title despite no wins at 205 and UFC

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
ProdigyPenn
Flyweight

ProdigyPenn has much to be proud ofProdigyPenn has much to be proud ofProdigyPenn has much to be proud ofProdigyPenn has much to be proud ofProdigyPenn has much to be proud ofProdigyPenn has much to be proud ofProdigyPenn has much to be proud ofProdigyPenn has much to be proud ofProdigyPenn has much to be proud ofProdigyPenn has much to be proud ofProdigyPenn has much to be proud of
Am I the only 1 who did not totally count Cheal out?

I mean after all, he is the ONLY 1 who gave P4P King Anderson Silva his toughest challenge to date (yes...I know is at MW and he got finished). Cheal is a fighter that doesnt mind getting hit to hit his opponent. Jones won't be able to use his reach to keep Sonnen at bay and it will be interesting to see how Jones deal with Sonnens relentless takedown.

But like many of you, I think he dont deserve it yet considering he hasn't fought in that division since coming in to the UFC. But it will be an interesting match up nonetheless.

But to keep the contender system relevant, it will be good if the winner to Hendo/Machida get the next shot. Follow by Cormier (give him a 205 test fight) and finally Gustafsson (whom in my opinion still hasn't prove he can deal with an elite wrestler whom Jones definitely have the credential)
ProdigyPenn is offline   Reply With Quote