MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Fighter's real heights,pics inside

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Dr Gonzo
Number 1 Nerf-Herder

Dr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderton46 View Post
As much as it is a sport, it still has to make money. Whereas you and I will watch every fight put on for us. Those not as interested are more likely to buy a PPV or watch a free fight if they hear its two 6'4 beasts going at it, rather than two 6 ft guys.
I get your point. Do the casual fans really think like that though? I mean, yeah you seem to be spot on in regards to why they do it, I just think that a would a one inch difference in height really affect PPV buy rates that much? If history has proven me wrong then fair play. Its just not something that has ever bothered me. If I was a casual, I'd want to see the best of the best, regardless of their stats.

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote