Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Rumor] Goldberg out for undisclosed amount of time due to rehab.

7K views 72 replies 32 participants last post by  Life B Ez 
#1 ·
In what is perhaps the most ironic twist of fates in UFC history, it has been rumored that UFC commentator Mike Goldberg — yes, that would be Mike Goldberg, not Joe Rogan, the weed-loving, LSD enthusiast with a DMT molecule tattooed on his arm who can often be seen shouting at you in a coke rage alongside Goldberg — has apparently taken a leave of absence from the UFC to enter rehab for a pill addiction. So sayeth TerezOwens:

The UFC refused to comment, but our sources are telling us the reason behind Goldberg’s no show is he’s stuck in Rehab for a pill addiction. Our source tells us Goldberg has an addiction to adderall.

While his removal from UFC 155 was originally reported as the result of a last-minute illness, Dana White’s statement that he “didn’t know when [Goldberg] would be back” left many fans questioning just what was up with the longtime commentator. Although it has not been confirmed by any direct source as of this writing, this explanation would make sense given the available information.

We here at CagePotato would like to wish Goldberg the best of luck if this is truly the case, and will honor him by not placing a video lowlight of his most incompetent moments after the jump.

Source

Addiction to adderall? Didd't know adderall had the much of an effect on people for it to actually become a problem.

#2 ·
Wish Goldie the best.

In the mean time please sign the Voice, him and Rogan must commentate an event together.

#6 ·
I mean i know plenty of people that have been taking it since elementary school... and they always came off as normal people. Never once have they been like "HEY MAN I GOT DAT ADDERALL LETS GET ****** UP!!!".. Just 100% normal.

#17 ·
Surprisingly few. I've seen straight A students start to crack under the pressure and try it. First a little, then more and more, until they can't focus on anything without them. It can happen in a matter of months.

The only difference between a pharmacist and a drug dealer is a pharmacist pays taxes and went to school for 8+ years.

#11 ·
Amphetamine is a valid drug for treating ADHD and lots of other diseases. It works and because of that it has side effects. Generally speaking if there are no side effects, there are no effects. Some of these side effects can be seen as pleasant by some people so they abuse it. There's nothing wrong with the drug but with the people abusing it.

#22 ·
Amphetamine is a valid drug for treating ADHD and lots of other diseases. It works and because of that it has side effects. Generally speaking if there are no side effects, there are no effects. Some of these side effects can be seen as pleasant by some people so they abuse it. There's nothing wrong with the drug but with the people abusing it.
I couldn't disagree more, there is absolutely something wrong with the drug itself. Adderall (or a light meth as you put it) was banned many years ago in Canada and presently it's classified as a class 1 substance, putting it right up there with cocaine and heroin. Basically it's poison like all the rest, people just can't differentiate between what some thug on the street is selling and what the "nice" drug dealer (pharma) on wall street is selling the public legally in certain countries.

The problem is knowledge or lack there of. There is no difference other than one dealer having a license to ruin people's lives.

#12 ·
Kids abuse them all the time. You go to any college in the country and you will find a mass amount of kids who use them to study. Kids sell them. Kids snort them. They are slung around big time during finals.

I agree that there isn't much wrong with the drug if not abused. That said, the more you use them daily the less they will work. The more you will seem to need. Abusing them isn't always on purpose. They can be terribly addicting.

Caffeine is a fairly safe drug, but you can abuse it. Too much of it isn't very good for you. You go a year with having a couple cups of coffee each day and you will feel awkward on a morning where you don't.

#14 ·
For someone who gets hammered every weekend and basically doesn't know what a vegetable is, I'm very concious when it comes to medicine. If I have a cough, I'll never take pills or a cough bottle cause all that shit lowers your immune system and makes your body reliant on it to recover. The same goes for mental based pills like those ones. One you become dependant on something, you have to adjust and change to come off of it and that's when addiction sets in.

#15 ·
I'm the same, if I'm ever ill, I never take any pills, unless I have got an absolutely terrible head ache.

About your brother having panic attacks. I had a panic attack once and literally thought I was going to drop dead from a fatal heart attack. Scary as hell.

#18 ·
I try to avoid them with headaches, but if it's THAT bad you'd shoot up some heroine to get rid of it haha.

Yeah he even lost his job cause he can't work in public places. All of it's cause of weed aswell. Dude was smoking heavy for about 14 years since he was 9 and that shit eventually gets to you. About 10 minutes ago I watched a Dave Chapelle video where he "broke free from the illuminati". I'm thinking "You mean the video where he shows that he's half pschzo by now?".

Surprisingly few. I've seen straight A students start to crack under the pressure and try it. First a little, then more and more, until they can't focus on anything without them. It can happen in a matter of months.

The only difference between a pharmacist and a drug dealer is a pharmacist pays taxes and went to school for 8+ years.
In Ireland, there is a ridiculous suicide rate for people around exams. You're almost lucky you get the pills handed to you because people are that weak minded, they'll actually top themselves over it. Ridiculous, I was getting drunk the night before my exams and had a legit risk of failing, while these people would struggle to get under a B and were swinging from the barn ceiling. Makes you wonder how fragile people are.

And El Bresk, it's actually good when shit like this comes up. Say for example someone on this thread was thinking about taking them, balls to the wall thinking they were tick tacs. Maybe the discussion will stick in their minds and they will remember it, and the reason the discussion came up is because a bunch of guys who like Mike Goldberg were discussing the shit he was suffering from.

#16 ·
Remember when Chael said Bones had a big secret that he was going to expose and most people said they'd rather Chael kept it to himself? How is this any different? I feel bad for Mike if this is the truth, we don't need to know this stuff. If it isn't the truth then I feel bad aswell because this thread is slanderous towards him.

#19 ·
I used to take speed (amphetamines) all the time when I was younger, all my mates did when we were out raving.

For most it's ok, but a few get dependent on the stuff and find it hard to get off.

I've never heard of anybody being addicted to the legal pills though. He must have been popping them like they were going out of fashion.

Probs got them off Rogan anyways :)

#20 ·
Regardless, IMO. The effects of adderall are easy to find, I seriously question the judgement of anybody taking pills that they aren't fully aware of.

If it's untrue then it's bad publicity for him and if it's true then it was a bad friend that leaked it (and still bad publicity).

#21 ·
You'd think being a pothead who talks about "theories" and shit would have bad publicity too, but Joe's doing alright :thumb02: He's not really an actor or anything and doesn't really have 'stock'. As long as he gets his shit in order, I imagine his job'll be safe.

The majority of prescription pill users don't have a scooby what's in them, so yeah, that;s the world we live in...

#29 ·
I remember watching him on OTR with Michael Lansberg a month or so ago and thinking 'damn this guy looks like shit'.

Not saying it's direct cause and effect, but I'm not surprised of the news.

#36 ·
Which is by far the more difficult addiction.

I don't smoke weed. I don't think it's addictive it's exactly what above says. People like it therefore the don't stop. That's like saying McDonald's is addicting.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

#37 ·
Rogan has dropped hints before that Goldie has a bit of an addictive personality, so when I heard this it makes sense. An example is on his podcast he talks about how pre-show Goldie downs like 4-6 redbulls in 30 minutes or so to keep him 'on top of his game' or something like that.

I hope he gets better.

#41 ·
Lmao... Adderall... really???

I have a few friends who were on Adderall since middle school cause of their ADHD and even their not addicted to it. They actually prefer not taking it if they didnt act so freaking hyper without it.

One of my friends actually gave me a whole bottle when i asked him about giving me a few to see what its like. And quiet honestly i didnt feel anything... maybe a slight caffein type feeling but thats about it. I still actually have the pills in a drawer 5 years later... and thats after giving a bunch away to a lady friend who wanted to take them to "Help with her HW" (Yea im sure).

So this is quiet funny to me and i like to think its not true haha.

#43 · (Edited)
Im a pharmacy major, and I'll just be blunt about it. Adderall isn't exactly "easy" to get hooked on like most opiates, benzos and amphetamines are. I suspect Goldie was probably taking double or triple the dosage recommendation on his bottle for an extended period of time. Definitely an odd situation. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adderall in this case was much like how the NFL covers up its drug abusers. It's likely to me he got hooked on something else and the UFC is simply giving him his privacy on this one.

#44 · (Edited)
i have add and take a rather small dose. I just dont like their pharmaceutical shit.

to use the alphabet as an analogy. Without taking the meds, i might get to b,c or d, with them i am much more likely to finish it. I can quite clearly state, that i will never be addicted to these pills, they make my day a bit easier, but it is not something i am remotely close to being addicted to. I do remember the first pill and i wss high as a kite.! Trained, cleaned my appartment, did the dishes and the laundry. I could see why someone would want that feeling, all day everyday, but i like my days to be more calm, :)

If weed cant cause physical addiction, then why does the body sweat, feel sick and lose appetite etc, when weed junkies quit? Of course it is addictive, both physically and mentally and i could care less about, what some random study tells. All those are physical reactions. Once again, PHYSICAL REACTIONS.!

#46 ·
i have add and take a rather small dose. I just dont like their pharmaceutical shit.

to use the alphabet as an analogy. Without taking the meds, i might get to b,c or d, with them i am much more likely to finish it. I can quite clearly state, that i will never be addicted to these pills, they make my day a bit easier, but it is not something i am remotely close to being addicted to. I do remember the first pill and i wss high as a kite.! Trained, cleaned my appartmene, did the dishes and the laundry. I could see why someone would want that feeling, all day everyday, but i like my days to be more calm, :)

If weed cant cause physical addiction, then why does the body sweat, feel sick and lose appetite etc, when weed junkies quit? Of course it is addictive, both physically and mentally and i could care less about, what some random study tells. All those are physical reactions. Once again, PHYSICAL REACTIONS.!

I'll start out this post by saying I'm not trying to drag this thread off topic and I smoke like once a month so I'm not the typical pothead defending weed here.

That being said, the symptoms you are describing at least from actute marijuana detox are exceedingly rare. The people that get themselves in actual issues with pot are the ones smoking multiple times a day, but more importantly allowing others to influence them into other drugs. Many wil never admit to cocaine use, but will freely admit to pot use. This misleads people around them into thinking marijuana is causing more serious symptoms. I don't believe in legalization for all recreational purposes, but a regulated medical system makes too much sense to me.

#50 ·
Everyone is different, and it's totally subjective to the daily dosage (assuming usage is daily). I've known people to be on pretty frequent cocaine usage and just quit one day and bizarrely have zero reaction after, yet I've known people miss their nicotine for half a day and punch the first person they meet.

There isn't always a textbook reaction to drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.