MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - JDS wants a rematch ASAP

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Ultra-weight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
I think using BJJ and playing around in the guard in a rematch is the wrong game plan to have. I think the fight would even go a lot worse if he came into the rematch with that mindset. The Big Foot is a respectable BJJ black belt and he got absolutely schooled (and even that's an understatement) on the ground trying to mess around in the guard.

Unless your names Werdum, Big Nog or Mir, trying to control Cain on the ground and work for sweeps and subs is a bad idea.

His best bet is to do what he did last time - get up as quickly as possible, but this time actually punish Cain for missed take downs and actually develop some kind of offensive clinch game with knees, elbows and kicks.

Basically not getting caught with that shot will change the next fight. If Cain fights as wrecklessly as he was looking to be, JDS WILL stop him. I personally don't see Cain winning the third. JDS will keep his hands up, use his natural TDD and punish Cain to the body. I'd see it being close to a decision, but this time I'll go for the risk and say JDS by TKO in the 4th. Ima remember this thread to quote once again when I'm right

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote