MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - JDS wants a rematch ASAP

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
I don't think the shot in the opening round had much to do with JDS getting steam rolled for five. Dos Santos himself said immediately after the fight to Rogan when asked about the effects of the punch that it was nothing to him because he is so used to getting hit all of the time in training/sparring.

JDS can't keep his hands up if he wants to defend the relentless take downs of Velasquez, that's the catch. He immediately needs to get under hooks on Cain to stop the take down. If Junior has his hands high, Cain gets a quick shot in low, Junior won't have time to defend the take down, he's hitting the mat.

He really, really needs to work on an offensive clinch game, that's the only thing I can see him using to winning the fight.
Might be controversial, but I'm not all that impressed by Cain's wrestling. I think he seriously lacks grappling skills, and really relies on pure strength and timing to land a takedown. JDS isn't really one to throw stupid and over commit. Timing really shouldnt be the biggest issue to him and he wont get caught kicking like Bigfoot did. JDS was moving back with his hands by his side. He wasn;t even defending jabs, where most people have a decent balance between them. I think JDS felt like he was completley secure on the feet, which was obviously not the case. The shot itself didn't harm him that long, but long enough for Cain to rip every last bit of energy from him. Cain will be predictable with his takedowns, and until that shot he was. JDS needs to just be confident in his TDD, keep his hands high enough and be looking for the counter. If he's in the mentality like you say, where he can't keep his hands up because of the TD or he can't counter because it'll leave him open, he's going to lose the fight right out because that's a negative fighting style, and you can NEVER be negative against a pressure fighter or you'll get slaughtered, like he did.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote