Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Floyd Mayweather bet 197 thousand on Cain Velasquez to beat Junior dos Santos.

9K views 79 replies 19 participants last post by  HadouKEN 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Mentioned in the video.

See less See more
1 1
#51 ·
He could have very easily fought Bradley and actually won a title back. He had his WAY with Bradley and was given one of the worst decisions. He very easily could have took that one and got an easy win with a title.

Instead he takes on a guy that matches up very well with him. And has had 3 very close fights? Some of which people scored for JMM?

And you want to act like he took the easier fight???

#53 ·
You seriously brought up Nate Campbell? As if he was a worthy opponent?

Manny took the harder fight in JMM when he easily could have taken Bradley which is the much easier fight. What am I missing here? Manny isn't afraid to lose and never has been. He fights that way also. He is there to put on a show.

You got me. I know nothing of boxing. Clearly you are an expert.

#54 ·
Nate Campbell was the reigning IBF, WBO and WBA Super World Lightweight champion when Pac fought David Diaz. So please explain to me how David Diaz was ranked higher than him or the bigger challenge.

You are missing a lot of things. One Manny did not beat Bradley easily. That fight was close. Timothy Bradley took away Manny's best weapon aka the left handed and won at least 5 rounds. He made Manny miss a lot and he hit Manny with multiple combinations. This was with two broken ankles, please explain to me how Manny beat him easily. Bradley was not the much easier fight because Bradley is a YOUNG fighter who can cut off the ring and throw his punch in combinations. Marquez was damn near 40, Marquez knocking Pacquiao doesn't justify that at all. Pac got knocked out because of the way he fights and Marquez is a good counter puncher. If you can't see that you are just blind to cold hard facts.

I never said I was an expert, but I truly believe you are biased you defend Manny at all costs even when you have facts that say otherwise.

#55 ·
Just because a guy holds belts doesn't mean he is more worthy.

You have to be the biggest Mayweather nuthugger to believe that Bradley fight was close. Or just listen to anything Mayweather says. There are a lot of people like that.

Ask any non-bias boxing head if that was close. Find a respectable reporter who called it close. In my eyes Bradley won 4 rounds at most.

JMM is twice the fighter Bradley is.

Agree to disagree. I don't agree with any of your points.

#57 ·
It's not just the belts, Campbell was ranked higher than Diaz, Fact.

Mayweather has nothing to do with the Bradley fight, you must be a pactard to bring up Mayweather. That Bradley fight was close there are fans, analysts as well as professional boxers who think so. I'll take their opinion over yours.

You don't have to agree with any of my points, but the fact remains, after the fight with Bradley Pac said he would rematch him, then he turned around and said he chose Marquez because he felt he had to prove who the REAL winner was despite the fact he beat him. My points are backed up with facts yours are backed up with opinions, that's the difference between the two of us. This is a quote from BoxingForum:

"Most of us can agree on one thing...if Manny would have stepped on the gas we wouldn't even be talking about the cards being close. The cards SHOULD HAVE BEEN 10 rounds to 2...especially since Bradley had two bum feet and ring generalship is his forte. But for whatever reason he didn't step on the gas and he let Bradley back in the fight. Bradley is one of the those fighters that if you have him hurt...you better finish him because he's fighting all 12 hard. So when Manny was sucking wind in the 12th (presumably from the body shots that so many people thought were blocked) you have to ask yourself...for Bradley to pitty pat and get most of his shots blocked and for Manny to fight the last minute or so every round...why was Manny tired?

Two words...

Body shots...

Body shots many of you failed to score."

"So everyone who scored it close or for Bradley is Anti-Pacquiao?"

"just rewatched the fight. i have it 7 - 5 for pacman. so it wasn't a domination for pac.

there were good body shots that bradley threw that i missed and the last 2 rnds bradley kept pac at bay with his jab and had good ring generalship.

i still feel like pac had the opportunity to outclass bradley and he could of that night, but pac didnt go for it"

"Come on man, Pacquiao clearly won IMO but Bradley won those last 3 rounds... or at least 2 out of three."

Bottomline is the wrong man won tonight. I don't care if you have it close or wide or even a draw, nobody here actually scored the fight for Bradley, not even his hardcore supporters. That should tell you something. Bradley didn't do enough to take that crown."

"I agree that it wasn't a Pac domination. And also withdraw the demote and retarded post remarks.."

You get the picture I think. I could go on and on.

#56 · (Edited)
"When I came into the ring [after the fight], I said to Tim, 'You did very well,' and he said 'I tried hard and I couldn't beat the guy.' You talk about killing boxing. Even [Bradley's manager, Cameron Dunkin] had it 8-4 for Pacquiao.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8032206/manny-pacquiao-shocked-split-decision-loss-timothy-bradley-jr

The CompuBox statistics favored Pacquiao, who landed more punches than Bradley in 10 of the 12 rounds. Pacquiao landed 253 of 751 punches (34 percent), while Bradley landed 159 of 839 (19 percent). Pacquiao also landed 82 more power shots (190-108).

In addition to your he took away his left hand argument.

"Manny hurt me a few times in the fight with his left," Bradley said. "He's a beast, but my corner told me if I won the last round, I would win the fight. I gotta give Manny a rematch.

Not really sure how you can spin these quotes. But Mayweather fans can spin anything for their guy.

#59 ·
Compubox isn't a computer system it's a person ringside who counts the punches so that alone tells me you don't know shit about boxing. I specifically said Bradley took away his left hand, I never said MAnny didn't land it. Bradley said as you quoted he landed it a FEW times. a few times in a twelve round fight, is that your way of saying someone actively used his best weapon? LOL you just ethered yourself.

#58 · (Edited)
Who are saying these quotes?

I took quotes from Arum, Bradley, and a reputable punch count organization.

Who are you referencing and where is the link? I can't seem to follow your post. Just seems like random quotes on random things From where?

Bradley's own trainer had Pacman winning.

I just posted facts with an actual link. From real people. But that is the difference between the 2 of us? You sound like an idiot.

Thanks in advance.

#60 ·
Who are saying these quotes?

I took quotes from Arum, Bradley, and a reputable punch count organization.

Who are you referencing and where is the link? I can't seem to follow your post. Just seems like random quotes on random things From where?

Bradley's own trainer had Pacman winning.

Thanks in advance.
you asked for an unbiased third party and that's what I gave you. Arum is a known liar and yet you used him as an example, LOL.

http://www.boxingforum.com/boxing-f...ao-vs-timothy-bradley-official-thread-47.html

I never argued that Bradley won I said the fight was close and the win was controversial. You keep arguing different points everytime.

#61 ·
Larry Merchant (a well known biased Pac fan even disputes Compu box)

"A lot of people were using CompuBox to support why Pacquiao won the fight. Do you think CompuBox is really a good tool for people to judge whether or not one guy won a fight?"

"I think it's a tool, I think it's a quantitative tool and not a qualitative tool in the sense that it can somewhat accurately show who is throwing the most punches and maybe it gets close on who is landing the most punches. I don't think it can measure the quality of punches, normally. It is just a tool and it is usually the guy who throws the most punches is the aggressor and who wins the fight but it is not always the case."

http://www.queensberry-rules.com/20...hts-on-timothy-bradley-vs-manny-pacquiao.html

#63 ·
Sure, but did he say Manny didn't win going away? Or that Compustats don't always show the whole story? Does he say it was a fairly close fight?

Maybe teh stats are off. But Manny above and beyond out-landed him on any stat system. That isn't my only argument. But he clearly out-landed him. he hit him with the harder shots.

You say Bradley took away his left hand. Yet Bradley....HIMSELF said Manny hurt him a few times with his left....

#62 ·
So you are quoting random people on a boxing forum?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Oh ok.

Arum promotes both and would have been better off saying it was fairly close. Bradley's trainer had Pacman 8-4. The offical stats had Manny landed way more and at a way higher %. Out landing him in 10 of 12.

So I am using real quotes and real stats. And you are quoting posters on a forum. But I am the one without facts?

Please dude, you sound so stupid. So if I want to present facts on MMA I would quote some of the dead beats that post here? And pass them off as legit quotes and facts?

You make little sense and are living in a fantasy world.

#64 ·
The only one living in a fantasy world is you I have disputed all of your arguments with actual facts and everytime you bring up irrelevant points. Perfect example of someone who has no argument is when they resort to name calling. Larry Merchant, a well known Pac supporter (with more credibility than you and I) disputed your compu box argument and yet you keep using it. Did you read anything I posted.

You asked me for the fans opinion and then when you get it you dismiss it? LOL

The only one stupid here is you sorry to say. Arum is pac's promoter why wouldn't he biased towards Manny? Really that's your argument?

#68 ·
What is Bradley going to say? He killed me with the left?

He acknowledged that his left hurt him. You said he took it away.

Man I can't take you serious. On one hand you say he took it away...the other Bradley says he got hurt with the left a few times as a main point in what Manny did well....

You are grasping for straws. But that was evident when you started quoting random posters on a forum as legit opinion and source...That was the laugh of the day.

#73 ·
I've never seen a guy get so thouroghly whipped in a thread and act as if he has evidence and great points.

Was it your awesome quotes from forum posters? What else have you given us? Nothing. Where as I have given you direct quotes on the fight with real people of the sport.

I can't sit here all day and school you. You can think Bradley did well. 97% of the people who watched it...Manny fans or not Manny fans said it was a straight robbery. Legends of the sport have all called it a robbery. Boxing reporters have all called it a robbery.

But you won. You really got me with quotes from boxingforum. I mean, what a slick move. :confused03:

#74 ·
Now you bring in an edited "highlight" of the fight showing all of Bradley's decent moments.....

Hahaha....

Is this serious? How can anyone take you serious? Even the people who watched that video call it ridiculous.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA. This guy is a riot. I guess that video is one of your "facts" that you are bringing to the table.

Too focking funny. You are a mental case...

#77 ·
Quote me to where I said Nate Campbell wasn't ranked high.

I believe I said holding belts doesn't mean you are the most worthy guy out there.

Maybe you can quote some random post at boxingforum that has nothing to do with anything and then dance like you did something.

I never said Nate Campbell wasn't ranked higher. I said he wasn't that worthy of the fight. He lost several times before that to ok fighters. He was ranked so high just because he had the belts. Which he won in a very close fight. He wasn't some beast of a fighter at the time.

But you can make up things that I said and then beat your chest like you said something worthy of anything. That is pretty much what you do.

#78 ·
You didn't say that but it's pretty much what you were implying. I don't see why you would think it's ok for pac to choose diaz who was ranked lower and wasn't a champion when Campbell was in the same division. It's like justifying Mayweather fighting DeMarcus Corley, Henry Bruseles and Arturo Gatti in order to win a lww title, when Kostya Tszyu was in the same division? See what I mean? They both are guilty of this which is what I originally said and you responded that Manny has never handpicked opponents. How does that work exactly?

Still waiting for an answer explain to me how Manny has never handpicked or cherrypicked opponents which is what I originally quoted you for. But you keep making up facts and bringing up irrelevant points. If you can't see that I dont know what to tell you...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.