MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: Nick Diaz doesn't return my calls or texts

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
To be fair though, GSP was so much more opened to submissions when he faught Condit than I thought he'd be. If anyone can sink in one, it's Diaz.
GSP was open to do more damage because similar to Diaz Condit utilizes space to set up his transitions and sub attempts which also lets the guy on top posture up and do damage. Neither guy tries to grab hold and cling from the bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
nah, diaz has better cardio thats a fact and once he hits those body shots on gsp there wont even be an argument for gsp to stay fresh for most the fight. Diaz has a way better guard than any of the scrubs gsp has fought I mean condit flipped gsp from top position a few times and he isn't even close to as good as diaz on the ground. And diaz will land the most stifling shots standing. I do agree though that diaz has bad scar tissue and they could stop the fight due to cuts but that would be some real bullshit if they let that happen.
I question if Diaz has better cardio than Condit especially fighting a grappling heavy fight, we haven't seen Diaz carry a top heavy grappler like GSP. Body shots, please Diaz isn't landing those because GSP is gonna have him on his back eating elbows and punches. Condit flipped GSP? Yeah but again as I stated earlier Condit is physically stronger than Diaz. Nick is gonna be less effective with sweeps than Condit was and he isn't good enough to get the submission because honestly at the elite level the guard is virually dead and while Diaz has a decent guard he is no Fabricio Werdum. Who has Diaz subbed in MMA that is so impressive? Cyborg? Sakurai? Gomi? Lets get real none of these guys are anywhere near elite fighters and none of them are in the same stratosphere as GSP. Not a single striker has looked remotely threatening to GSP and every one of them including Dan Hardy had better TD defense than Diaz. Keep waiting and telling yourself Diaz has a chance because honestly its comical that people think he is a top WW.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote