MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC's ten best upsets of 2012.

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
OHKO
SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BREASTS

OHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
This list really shows that there were no big upsets this year. I put money on Condit to win his fight but I know a lot of people had Diaz. I'm thinking the biggest upset was maybe Boetsch/Okami? Especially in Japan and the way he won.
Agreed. Not really surprising that some of the underdogs won.

Bader vs Rampage - I had Rampage winning that fight but he was on the decline and an upset wasn't that shocking.

Varner vs Barboza - Barboza looked awesome in his previous fights but Varner was a former WEC champ who had good wrestling and solid boxing.

Matt Brown - Mike Swick - Matt Brown has power and considering that Swick got dropped in his fight against DeMarques Johnson... I actually picked Swick to win that fight though. Looking back, that was pretty dumb.

I'm also surprised that Fitch vs Silva was under Honorable Mentions. I still wonder why Fitch was the underdog in that fight. Did they not see that coming?

@OU: Yep I think Cung Le vs Franklin should have been on the list as well. I knew Cung Le could put Franklin to sleep, but I expected Franklin to avoid that big shot and get a decision victory, since he is a smart fighter. Cung Le proved that he still got what it takes though.

Anyway, Diaz vs Cerrone took place on Dec 30 2011, but it wasn't on the 2011's list and neither is it here. Would have placed it in the top 3 of this year. Man I didn't expect Diaz to steamroll through Cerrone like that.