MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Reshat Mati : Next MMA Superstar in the making?

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
The vid was already postet some time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Nerd View Post
I've seen so many of these kids come and go over the years in other fields. You should have seen Ricky Rubio play basketball at his age.

I hope the kid develops into the pro that article evokes in our imaginations, but I won't hold my breath.
Yes, it's always nice to see young talents like them with such a dedication, but as I've written in the other thread, starting full contact competition and training at that intensity at this age unfortunately will probably take it's toll and they will have accumulated already a lot of damage, in particular to their joints, when they get to the age to become pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
imo these kids will do some damage, just have to hope they have good chins.

If the little one doesn't start to pivot his foot when throwing a roundhouse kick, he will probably have more problems with his knees at the age of 20 than Mauricio Rua has now.

But in overall I can see kids like those be the future of MMA. As MMA becomes more and more popular, more and more kids will start at a young age, some will be lucky to not have accumulated too much damage. And in contrast to most of todays fighters who only have one discipline as a background, all areas of fighting will be natural to them